Boston, MA – Full Time
Reporting to the SVP BD and US Operations, this individual will focus on Business Development and will be the Alliance Manager for our partnerships. The individual will have the opportunity to contribute beyond this role in terms of assisting with the overall business (from Investor Relations/Communications to Business Analytics to Project Management to Corporate Strategy and beyond). If you’re an individual who: is highly motivated, originates ideas, comfortable challenging ideas and conventional thinking, works quickly, is highly intelligent, always seeks how to improve things, enjoys learning/being challenged, and is bold this would be your dream job. You will have an unparalleled ability to guide and shape the success of Fusion and have an enormous impact on the entire organization. If you are driven by success, you will thrive here. This is not “just a job,” you need to be driven by the mission for yourself and for patients.
Title and compensation are commensurate with experience; however, we are looking for someone with an advanced degree and a few years of work experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partnering/Licensing Efforts origination, DD, comps, valuation, structuring, negotiations
- Alliance Manager guiding principles/implementation of agreement, establish SOPs for the function, work with/establish strong relationship with partners, represent Fusion, proactive in managing potential conflicts
- Commercial Aspects competitive intelligence, update market trends and opportunities, commercial forecasts for products
- Strategy input into company strategy, market research and diligence to determine/justify business decisions
- Miscellaneous anything else that relates to the business
- An advanced technical degree (PhD/MD/PharmD and/or certain master’s degrees will be considered) and at least two years of business experience (finance, consulting, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated strong self-starter and sense of autonomy, efficient, independent, proactive, and self-motivated
- Ability to work well both in team environment as well as operate independently with minimal supervision
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills you will represent the company to our partners
- Desire to be part of a team and organization where scientific and business excellence are shared values
- Ability to travel up to 30% (domestic and international); work hours outside of the conventional workday likely required, depending on business needs
We thank all those who apply but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.